Do you have a problem that needs solved? Each week you can anonymously Ask Blurst for help with your worries and we will do our best to help you out!
Thanks to Laura Young for offering her advice this week.
Dear Blurst, My girlfriend and mother hate each other and it's driving me up the wall. I'm constantly stuck in the middle. It all came to a head recently when my mother asked me to stop seeing my girlfriend altogether, "or else". What should I do?
Laura: Have you tried asking your girlfriend and your mum why they don't like each other? Your girlfriend probably feels a bit threatened, after all mums are always gonna be the most important woman in a man's life! Also your mum will just want the best for you. Try getting them both to have a coffee together when you're not there and see if they can clear the air over a shared affection of you? Good luck!
Hey Blurst Times. My roommate is a slob who refuses to clean up after himself and keeps taking my food without permission. I've asked him to get his act together, but he won't listen. I can't kick him out because I need him to pay rent. What should I do? - Stephen
Laura: You've tried speaking to him reasonably and he's not listening so I would lock my food cupboard if possible? Make him learn the hard way. If he leaves dishes everywhere you could also try putting those in his room or in a cupboard with the rest of his clean dishes? Show him you mean business and hopefully he won't keep walking over you.
Dear Blurst, My son is very antisocial and has few friends. All he does with his time is play computer games, and no matter what I say to him he won't stop. I just wish he would be a normal teenager. I'm considering taking him to a therapist. Should I? - Linda
Laura: Most teenage boys are obsessed with computer games and it is just a phase that he should grow out of. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can really do to hurry it along apart from taking away all his games (something I neither condone or recommend - I have a teenage brother myself and I doubt this would end well). Maybe try talking to him and explain you're worried about him. Best of luck!
Hi BT! My boyfriend has a stupid dog which he's been trying to house train for a year. I constantly have to clean up after it and last week it destroyed a £600 suite. I've asked him to get rid of it but he refuses. What should I do? - Sam
Laura: Maybe you and your boyfriend could take the dog to dog training classes together. This shows that you're making an effort and supporting your boyfriend. If he can see you making an effort then he's more likely to see your point of view and may reconsider his decision. All the best!
If you have a question you would like answered on Ask Blurst, please visit our Formspring. You can leave questions anonymously, but please leave a name - even if it's not your own!
Thanks to Laura Young for offering her advice this week.
Dear Blurst, My girlfriend and mother hate each other and it's driving me up the wall. I'm constantly stuck in the middle. It all came to a head recently when my mother asked me to stop seeing my girlfriend altogether, "or else". What should I do?
Laura: Have you tried asking your girlfriend and your mum why they don't like each other? Your girlfriend probably feels a bit threatened, after all mums are always gonna be the most important woman in a man's life! Also your mum will just want the best for you. Try getting them both to have a coffee together when you're not there and see if they can clear the air over a shared affection of you? Good luck!
---
Hey Blurst Times. My roommate is a slob who refuses to clean up after himself and keeps taking my food without permission. I've asked him to get his act together, but he won't listen. I can't kick him out because I need him to pay rent. What should I do? - Stephen
Laura: You've tried speaking to him reasonably and he's not listening so I would lock my food cupboard if possible? Make him learn the hard way. If he leaves dishes everywhere you could also try putting those in his room or in a cupboard with the rest of his clean dishes? Show him you mean business and hopefully he won't keep walking over you.
---
Dear Blurst, My son is very antisocial and has few friends. All he does with his time is play computer games, and no matter what I say to him he won't stop. I just wish he would be a normal teenager. I'm considering taking him to a therapist. Should I? - Linda
Laura: Most teenage boys are obsessed with computer games and it is just a phase that he should grow out of. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can really do to hurry it along apart from taking away all his games (something I neither condone or recommend - I have a teenage brother myself and I doubt this would end well). Maybe try talking to him and explain you're worried about him. Best of luck!
---
Hi BT! My boyfriend has a stupid dog which he's been trying to house train for a year. I constantly have to clean up after it and last week it destroyed a £600 suite. I've asked him to get rid of it but he refuses. What should I do? - Sam
Laura: Maybe you and your boyfriend could take the dog to dog training classes together. This shows that you're making an effort and supporting your boyfriend. If he can see you making an effort then he's more likely to see your point of view and may reconsider his decision. All the best!
If you have a question you would like answered on Ask Blurst, please visit our Formspring. You can leave questions anonymously, but please leave a name - even if it's not your own!